Mayor Errick D. Simmons thanks Senator Derrick T. Simmons for helping to steer over $15 Million to Greenville and the greater Delta.
Those projects include:
* $500,000 to the City of Greenville in paying costs of construction and development of the green space associated with the federal courthouse as part of the Thad Cochran Courthouse Project;
* $150,000 to the Coahoma County Higher Education Center for completion of HVAC system;
* $1,500,000 to the City of Greenville in paying costs of redevelopment of Hanger 173 at the airport to assist MDCC aerospace maintenance instruction program;
* $1,000,000 to the City of Cleveland in paying costs associated with the Airport Terminal Road Extension Project;
* $2,000,000 to Delta Health System for capital improvements and infrastructure improvements related to patient room compliance and women’s center services;
* $2,500,000 to the BB King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center in paying costs associated with renovations, repairs and improvements to the Museum and Club Ebony; and
* $7,500,000 for construction of new men’s dormitory at Mississippi Delta Community College to be used for fire academy housing.
Senator Simmons said he is also proud of work steering the selection of a new state song written by one of his constituents, Steve Azar, as well as largest teacher pay raise in Mississippi history.
Mayor Simmons thanks all our Delta-area legislators for their efforts to help Greenville and the Mississippi Delta.