Two Suspects Arrested Following Drive-By Shooting in Greenville

SHARE NOW

GREENVILLE, Miss. — Two men were arrested Tuesday following a drive-by shooting in a Greenville neighborhood that left multiple homes and vehicles damaged by gunfire, according to the Greenville Police Department.

Officers responded to the Johnnie Lane area after receiving reports of multiple shots fired in the residential neighborhood.
When officers arrived, they located multiple spent shell casings and immediately secured the scene while canvassing the area for witnesses.

During the investigation, officers determined that several residences and parked vehicles had been struck by gunfire while occupants, including children, were inside. Investigators also recovered multiple projectiles from inside one of the impacted apartments.

Police said one adult woman sustained a fall-related injury while attempting to seek safety during the shooting and was transported for medical treatment.

Investigators recovered 21 spent 9mm shell casings from the scene.
Through witness statements and investigative leads, officers identified possible suspects and developed probable locations connected to the case.

Later that afternoon, investigators located individuals believed to be connected to the shooting. Following a foot pursuit, officers arrested 20-year-old Corvonte Johnson and 22-year-old Jadareus Gadison.

Both men have been charged with shooting into an occupied dwelling and three counts of aggravated assault.
A third suspect fled into a wooded area and remains at large, police said. Additional evidence connected to the investigation was also recovered.

The investigation remains active and ongoing.

Anyone with information related to the shooting is encouraged to contact the Greenville Police Department, Crime Stoppers or submit tips through the P3 app.

The Greenville Police Department said it remains committed to aggressively addressing violent crime and protecting the safety of the community.