HATTIESBURG, Miss. (Ben Caxton) – The Mississippi State Department of Health reports the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the state has risen over 73,200.
MSDH reported 795 COVID-19 cases and 34 deaths on Tuesday, bringing the state total to 73,207 cases and 2,128 deaths.
Positive test results may have been made during the past several days and represent individuals who became ill a week ago or more.
In the 10 Pine Belt counties, 8,675 COVID-19 cases and 247 deaths have been reported:
- Covington: 672 cases; 17 deaths
- Forrest: 1,937 cases; 59 deaths
- Greene: 276 cases; 13 deaths
- Jasper: 435 cases; 11 deaths
- Jefferson Davis: 255 cases; 7 deaths
- Jones: 2,007 cases; 66 deaths
- Lamar: 1,298 cases; 22 deaths
- Marion: 716 cases; 23 deaths
- Perry: 266 cases; 8 deaths
- Wayne: 813 cases; 21 deaths
MSDH also is reporting over 56,577 Mississippians are presumed to have recovered from the coronavirus.
Use the interactive map below to see a county-by-county breakdown of COVID-19 cases.