KIX 92.1Oldies 98.397.9 The BeatQ-102Delta Country 105.7Star 101KIX 92.7WNIXWNLA AM 1380



Space Heater Sparked Fire Destroys I-20 Hotel

JACKSON, MS (Ben Caxton) — A Jackson area interstate hotel went up in a huge ball of flames Friday morning. The fire broke out around 6:00 AM at the Hilltop Inn & Suites near Interstate 20. One resident at the 46-room hotel – which was completely destroyed – told investigators she believed the fire started in her room when a space heater overheated and caught a nearby curtain on fire. One person was taken to the hospital. The hotel was declared a total loss.

[sc name=”twitterfollow”]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *